LISTEN LIVE

Carbon monoxide

Generator
OPEI

Hurricane season is here and Florida lawmakers want to help give your wallet a break when preparing this year. Through next Thursday, storm supplies like flashlights and generators will be tax-free to help families get prepared for the 2019 storm season.

Officials say they were testing for carbon monoxide at a Miami Gardens school after three children and two adults were hospitalized.

Carbon monoxide poisoning from generators has reportedly killed five Floridians in the wake of Irma. Here are some ways to prevent exposure to the potentially deadly gas.

A 7-year-old Polk County girl died Wednesday from carbon-monoxide poisoning at a home with a generator running inside after Hurricane Irma, authorities said.

Florida health officials say after major storms and natural disasters, there’s an increase of carbon monoxide poisoning cases, and they're informing people why and how to prevent it aheadof Hurricane Irma. 

Realtor.com

A 32-year-old woman and her dog are recovering after they were found unresponsive in a Tampa condo building with high levels of carbon monoxide.