Florida Supreme Court justices are the highest-paid statewide officials, with their salaries substantially higher than the amounts paid to the governor, state Cabinet members and legislators.
Here are the 2019-2020 salaries for a variety of state officials and judges:
- Supreme Court justices: $220,600
- District Courts of Appeal judges: $169,554
- State attorneys: $169,554
- Public defenders: $169,554
- Circuit judges: $160,688
- County judges: $151,822
- Public Service Commission members: $132,036
- Gov. Ron DeSantis: $130,273
- Attorney General Ashley Moody, Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried and Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis: $128,972
- Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nunez: $124,851
- Senate President Bill Galvano and House Speaker Jose Oliva: $41,181
- House and Senate members: $29,697
Note: State officials may voluntarily reduce their salaries.
Sources: State budget and the Legislature’s Office of Economic and Demographic Research