(updated Sunday 10:00 p.m. with latest applicant)
Friday was the deadline for people to submit their applications to become the next president of the University of South Florida.
There are no internal candidates to succeed Judy Genshaft, but a number of current and former presidents, deans and provosts from American and international colleges and universities have applied:
(Editor's note: The links to the resumes provided by the University of South Florida have been removed from the university's website. As a result, the links below no longer work.)
- Tyler Adams - Dean of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, University of The Bahamas
- Safran Safar Almakaty - Professor of Communication, Media & Political Sciences, Imam University (Riyadh)
- Kevin Behrns - Former Dean, St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Wanda Blanchett - Interim Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Rutgers University - New Brunswick
- Steven Currall - Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, Southern Methodist University
- Charalabos (Haris) C. Doumanidis - Vice Provost for Research, Nazarbayev University (Kazakhstan)
- Debasish (Deba) Dutta - Former Provost, Purdue University
- Michael Ewing - Executive Dean of the Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University (Australia)
- Kelan Farrell-Smith - Consultant, Redwood Fund, LP
- Maj. Gen. John G. Ferrari - Director of Program Analysis & Evaluation, US Army
- Robert Frank - Director, Center for Innovation in Health and Education, University of New Mexico (Frank served as President of UNM from 2012-2016)
- Kenneth Furton - Provost/Exec. VP/COO, Florida International University
- Kenneth Goodman - Vice Chancellor for Research, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Norberto Grzywacz - Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Georgetown University
- Scott Hopes - Manatee County School district board member, USF alum and former USF Trustee
- Patricia Hurn - Dean, University of Michigan School of Nursing
- Dawn Iwamoto - President/CEO, University of the Rockies
- Stephen Lanier - Vice President for Research, Wayne State University
- Pui-Man Paul Low - Associate Chief of Staff, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, MS
- H. Mark McGibbon - President & CEO, Virgin Islands Next Generation Network (viNGN)
- Sibrandes Poppema - President, University of Groningen (Netherlands)
- Gregory Postel - Executive Vice President for Health Affairs, University of Louisville
- Alison Rehill-Erguven - CEO, Pradera Retail Asia
- Jeff Riemer - US Air Force Maj. Gen. (Ret.)
- Erik Rolland - Dean, College of Business Administration, Cal Poly Pomona
- Marguerite Roy - Former Special Advisor, United Nations
- Martin Sharpiro - Professor, School of Business, Berkeley Colleges, NY & NJ
- Thomas Spindler - Group Senior Vice President, Vizient, Inc.
- Richard Thomas - President, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD
- Linda Vickers - Engineer, Office of the Assistant Manager for Nuclear Safety & Engineering, National Nuclear Security Administration Production Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Jeffrey Vitter - Former Chancellor, University of Mississippi
- Tomi Lennart Wahlstrom - Vice President of Academic Affairs, United States Sports Academy
- Stephen Watt - Dean, Faculty of Mathematics (Canada)
Joyce McConnell, the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs of West Virginia University, had appeared on earlier lists, but is not on the latest roster.
By the end of next week, USF should have a new president. All of the meetings will be open to the public.
Monday - The 15-member USF Presidential Search Committee will review applicants and narrow down the pool to at least three finalists starting at 8 a.m. on the Tampa campus. That meeting will be available via Webcast.
Wednesday - The finalists will be interviewed by the search committee starting at 9 a.m. on the Tampa campus. While the interviews won't be available via Webcast, there will be locations on all three campuses where people can watch them live.
Thursday - The finalists will visit the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee campuses and take part in a public conversation with a member of the search committee. Locations of those conversations can be found here. These conversations will not be available via Webcast or remote viewing.
Friday - The finalists will be interviewed by the USF Board of Trustees starting at 8 a.m. on the Tampa campus. The interviews won't be available via Webcast, but the public will be able to view them at the same campus locations as Wednesday.
The Trustees will then vote on the new president at a board meeting at the conclusion of the interviews. That meeting will be available via Webcast.
The State University System Board of Governors will have to approve the Trustees' choice.
Genshaft will step down effective July 1, ending a nineteen-year tenure at USF.