The City of Tampa is going mobile.
It has launched its first app available for smartphone users that allows folks to do everything from viewing upcoming events around town to reporting a pothole.
"Technology plays a critical role in the economic future of our city. That’s why I am committed to modernizing our infrastructure, bringing free Wi-Fi to our urban parks, and making the city more user friendly through apps like this," Mayor Bob Buckhorn said. "The app puts city services and City Hall at the fingertips of residents."
The app provides the following features:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER - contact the city to ask a question or report a problem, directly from the app
- NEWS - view official news and press releases as they come out
- EVENTS - view upcoming events in and around Tampa
- JOBS - view the latest job openings at the City of Tampa
- SOCIAL - connect with the mayor and the City of Tampa on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more
- CONTACT US - view and call contact numbers for hurricane information, city services, code enforcement, and more