News, Jazz, NPR
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
Politics / Issues

Unofficial Voter Turnout Estimates for District 13 Special Election

District13_SpecialElection_s.jpg

Polls are open until 7 p.m. in the special election for Congressional District 13 and several municipal elections.

Here is an update on turnout, which includes the 13th District and several municipal elections, as of 6 p.m. from Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark: 

"Unofficial estimated turnout at selected sample precincts averaged 11.4% through 6 p.m. today for the March 11 Special General & Municipal Elections. Mail ballots received to date and early voting totals represent an additional 27.6% turnout for a total unofficial estimated turnout of 39.0%."

Update as of 4 p.m. from Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark:

"Unofficial estimated turnout at selected sample precincts averaged 8.8% through 4 p.m. today for the March 11 Special General & Municipal Elections. Mail ballots received to date and early voting totals represent an additional 27.5% turnout for a total unofficial estimated turnout of 36.3%."

WUSF will have results after the polls close in the special election for Congressional District 13 among Democrat Alex Sink, Republican David Jolly and Libertarian Lucas Overby, as well as municipal elections in Belleair Bluffs, Clearwater, Gulfport, Indian Shores, Kenneth City, Madeira Beach, Pinellas Park, Redington Shores,  Safety Harbor, South Pasadena, St. Pete Beach and Tarpon Springs.