Sarasota City Manager Search Narrowed to Five Finalists
The Sarasota City Commission narrowed its search for a new City Manager to five finalists today during a commission Meeting at City Hall. The finalists will be invited to Sarasota later this month for on-site interviews with the City Commission, citizens panel and various department heads.
The finalists are:
- Thomas Barwin - Village Manager, Village of Oak Park, Illinois - 2006 to 2012
- Rick Chaffin- Deputy City Manager, McKinney, Texas - 2006 to 2012
- James Chisolm- City Manager, Daytona Beach, Florida - 2004 to present
- Barbara Lipscomb - City Manager, City of Casselberry, Florida - 2007 to 2012
- Edward Mitchell - City Administrator, West Palm Beach, Florida, 1999 to present
A community reception will be held Friday, June 29 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th Street. The public is invited to attend and meet the finalists.
The following day, Saturday, June 30, the finalists will interview with the City Commission, Citizens Panel and Department Heads at City Hall, 1565 First Street.
They are vying to replace former city manager Robert Bartolotta, who resigned under pressure in January amid suspicions that he broke public records and fraud laws.