Carbon Monoxide Leak Sends Tampa Woman, Dog To Hospital
A 32-year-old woman and her dog are recovering after they were found unresponsive in a Tampa condo building with high levels of carbon monoxide.
Media outlets report fire crews received a call at 4:30 a.m. Thursday regarding a carbon monoxide alarm at the Cordoba and Beach Park Condos. Crews arrived and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in an apartment building.
Police officers and firefighters went door-to-door to tell residents to evacuate. Responders forced their way inside one apartment where a response was not received. Inside, crews found a woman and her dog unresponsive.
The woman was taken to a local hospital and the dog is being cared for by a neighbor. Both are expected to survive.
Police say the carbon monoxide was caused by a resident leaving their car running in a garage