News about coronavirus in Florida and around the world is constantly emerging. It's hard to stay on top of it all but Health News Florida and WUSF can help. Our responsibility at WUSF News is to keep you informed, and to help discern what’s important for your family as you make what could be life-saving decisions.
Florida COVID-19 Cases Pass 22,500
State health officials say 22,519 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida - an increase of 891 cases since Tuesday evening.
614 people have died due to the coronavirus - 43 more than Tuesday evening’s total.
One death was reported in Sarasota County. No further information ws provided.
Tampa Bay area positive tests as of 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 15 :
- Hillsborough: 870 (830 local, 40 non-resident)
- Pinellas: 513 (473 local, 40 non-resident)
- Polk: 287 (281 local, 6 non-resident)
- Manatee: 277 (275 local, 2 non-resident)
- Sarasota: 253 (238 local, 15 non-Sarasota residents)
- Pasco:186 (179 local, 7 non-Pasco resident)
- Hernando: 73 (69 local, 4 non-Hernando resident)
WUSF 89.7 depends on donors for the funding it takes to provide you the most trusted source of news and information here in town, across our state, and around the world. Support WUSF now by giving monthly, or make a one-time donation online at WUSF.org/give.