U.S. News: Tampa General Is Florida's Best Hospital
U.S. News & World Report is out with its annual list of the county's best hospitals.
The magazine evaluated treatment centers on death rates, patient-to-nurse ratio, hospital reputation and other criteria. Top billing went to Massachusetts General in Boston.
Closer to home, the mag also ranked Florida's best hospitals. Of our state's more than 260 medical centers, here are the top 10:
- Tampa General Hospital (Tampa)
- Florida Hospital (Orlando)
- Shands at the University of Florida (Gainesville)
- South Miami Hospital (Miami)
- Baptist Medical Center (Jacksonville)
- Jackson Memorial Hospital at the University of Miami (Miami)
- Cleveland Clinic Florida (Weston)
- Sarasota Memorial
- Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa)
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami (Miami)
For a breakdown of hospitals by specialty, check out the full report from U.S. News.