Parts of Pasco County Evacuated
The Pasco Sheriff's Office has been assisting people being evacuated from the Suncoast Gateway Mobile Home Park in Port Richey. Elfers residents were evacuated Monday morning. Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco also asked residents in affected flooded areas to stay off the roads by 3 p.m.
Annette Doying, director of Pasco Emergency Management, said in a press conference earlier in the day, the rainfall created a struggle to manage conditions.
"Every out-flow measure that we've got in place is really full, the ground is completely full, so the water just is moving across the surface, causing flooding," she said.
The Sheriff's Office also suggests people be cautious of potholes that are appearing as the street flooding water begins to recede.
Pasco County Emergency Management has these sandbag locations listed here:
- 6420 Pinehill Rd, New Port Richey 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 4025 Little Road, New Port Richey 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 2951 Seven Springs Blvd, New Port Richey 24 hours
- 8744 Government Drive, New Port Richey 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- 7918 Rhodes Road, Hudson 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 30906 Warder Road, San Antonio 8 a.m.-5 p.m.