USF Chooses New Dean for College of Business
After an eight month world-wide search, the USF College of Business has found its new dean: Dr. Moez Limayen.
He comes from the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas, which U.S. World and News Reports ranked as the 25th best among public universities.
Dr. Limayen said the college’s vision will be “distinctive and very exciting.” It includes the following strategic priorities:
- student success and high placement
- raise statewide, national, and global rankings and profiles of the college
- enhance research
- community engagement and interdisciplinary collaboration
- enhancing global literacy and footprint
- align the vision of the College of Business with the vision of USF
Dr. Limayen received his Ph. D from the University of Minnesota. He's held faculty positions in Canada, Switzerland, and Hong Kong. He’s lived in four different continents with his wife and two children.
Dr. Limayen mentioned the importance of global literacy. “There is no doubt that a 21st century business graduate should be ready to compete locally, nationally, and globally,” he said.
His wife, Dr. Alya Limayen will also be joining the USF family next year as a research professor in the microbiology department.