Here's Where To Donate Food, And Get Help, In Tampa Bay This Holiday Season
Food banks across the greater Tampa Bay region are calling for donations as the holiday season approaches.
With the holiday season quickly approaching, food banks across the greater Tampa Bay region have started preparing for holiday food drives.
This year has placed added strain on food pantries due to the coronavirus pandemic as many pantries have been collecting and distributing food more regularly due to food insecurity.
The holiday season is a time of increased demand for the services of food banks and many are calling for donations of non-perishables.
Metropolitan Ministries has asked for food donations, stating that it is short on food donations for the upcoming season. The most needed items include turkeys, canned yams, cranberry sauce, stuffing, instant potatoes, and canned fruit.
It is based in downtown Tampa, with other locations across the area, and has begun its distribution of Thanksgiving meals at their holiday tents.
The Salvation Army will be distributing meals through a grab-and-go boxes, in accordance to social distancing protocols, at various locations across Tampa Bay.
Feeding Tampa Bay is collecting food for the holiday season. It also has locations across the greater Tampa Bay region where folks can accept donations.
Here are food banks across Tampa Bay that are accepting donations (click the links for more details):
- ICNA Relief Food Pantry: 7326 E Sligh Ave., Tampa, 33610
- Community Food Pantry: 13115 S Village Drive, Tampa, 33618
- Echo Food Pantry
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church: 1924 Cross Creek Blvd., Tampa, 33647
- All Faiths Food Bank: 8171 Blaikie Ct., Sarasota, 34240
- Food Bank of Manatee (affiliated with Meals on Wheels): 811 23rd Avenue E , Bradenton, 34208
- Hunger’s End Inc.: 1802 14th St W, Bradenton, 34205
- St. Paul Lutheran Church: 2256 Bahia Vista St., Sarasota, 34239
- Harvest Tabernacle: 3650 17th St., Sarasota, 34235
St. Petersburg / Clearwater:
- St. Vincent de Paul: 384 15th St. N, St. Petersburg, 33755
- Homeless Empowerment Project: 1120 N Betty Lane, Clearwater, 33755
- GCJFS Family Support Services: 14041 Icot Blvd., Clearwater, 33760
- Rcs Food Bank: 700 Druid Rd., Clearwater, 33756
Are you an organization offering help, or do you know of any places providing assistance? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org