Tampa Bay Chefs Share Their Favorite Summer Recipes
We’re entering Florida’s sweltering season, and if you can’t stand the heat, you’d better be ready with some hot-weather recipes. WUSF's new food podcast, The Zest, is up to the challenge.
On a humid evening in April, The Zest attended Longest Table, an outdoor foodie feast in downtown St. Petersburg with beautifully set tables and pre-fixe food-and-wine pairings from some of Tampa Bay’s favorite restaurants.
Longest Table is WUSF Public Media’s signature fundraiser, and for The Zest host Robin Sussingham and producer Dalia Colón, it was a chance to ask local chefs what they like to serve when the weather heats up.
In this clip, you'll hear from:
- James Kirby, executive chef, FarmTable Cucina
- Ryan Clelland, president, Orange Blossom Catering
- Tyson Grant, executive chef and partner, Parkshore Grill
- Rachel Bennett, executive chef, The Library
- Zach Dauth, event director, Sage
- Gerard Jesse, executive chef, Seafood Shack
- Andrew Thompson, executive chef, Sophie’s
To get some of the chefs' recipes, and for instructions on how to subscribe to a podcast, visit thezestpodcast.com.