Author Explores '100 Things To Do In Tampa Bay Before You Die'
The holidays are coming up, and a new book shows that Tampa Bay area residents don't have to go too far to get a vacation experience.
The second edition of the book 100 Things To Do In Tampa Bay Before You Die was published in October -- just in time to make plans if you have time off over the holidays.
She moved to Tampa from Missouri about six years ago. She only planned to stay for a year, but she never left.
"I hope that this book reminds people to get out and meet one another and experience the place that we live," said Hare. "It's humbling and thrilling and exciting. And if the tourists get to come here and have fun, so should we."
Hare's top 10 list of things to do in Tampa Bay:
1. Hunt for vintage treasures at Brocante Vintage Market in St. Petersburg
2. Drink local at Leaven Brewing in Riverview
3. Click through the past with the Burgert Brothers Photo Collection online
4. Canoe the Alafia River in Lithia
5. Eat at Linger Lodge in Bradenton
6. Tour St. Pete street art
7. Tour the Vinoy in St. Petersburg
8. See the root forest at Medard Park in Plant City
9. Visit Solomon’s Castle in Ona
10. Get a coffee at Oxford Exchange in Tampa
One of the 100 things listed is to watch seabirds rehabilitated by the Seaside Seabird Sanctuary released back into gulf waters: