20 Tampa Bay Attractions Offer Free Admission Saturday For Smithsonian Museum Day
Two words you should not hear from your kids this weekend: I'm bored.
Saturday, Sept. 29, is Smithsonian magazine's annual Museum Day Live, when more than 1,400 attractions nationwide wil offer free admission. Just go to smithsonianmag.com/museumday to print a ticket good for two people.
Participating local venues include:
- Bok Tower Gardens, Lake Wales
- Cracker Country, Tampa
- Armed Forces Military Museum, Largo
- Explorations V Children's Museum, Lakeland
- Florida Air Museum, Lakeland
- Florida Craftsmen, St. Petersburg
- Florida Holocaust Museum, St. Petersburg
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, Tampa
- Henry B. Plant Museum, Tampa
- John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art, Tarpon Springs
- Morean Arts Center, St. Petersburg
- Morean Arts Center for Clay, St. Petersburg
- Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg
- Pier Aquarium, St. Petersburg
- Polk Museum of Art, Lakeland
- St. Petersburg Museum of History, St. Petersburg
- Tampa Bay History Center, Tampa
- Ybor City Museum State Park
But wait. There's more.
Saturday is also Arts Alive Day, when a handful of St. Petersburg museums will offer free admission. In addition to a few already participating in Smithsonian Museum Day Live, the following venues will offer free entry:
- Chihuly Collection
- Dr. Carter G. Woodson Museum
- Dalí Museum
- Great Explorations Children's Museum
- Morean Arts Glass Studio and Hot Shop
Details on Arts Alive Day are available here.
Still with me?
Saturday also happens to be $5 admission day at Tampa's Museum of Science and Industry. While you're at MOSI, you can turn in any unused or expired medications as part of Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
And finally, Glazer Children's Museum in downtown Tampa is offering $5 admission every day through Sunday, Sept. 30. Get details here.
Want even more things to do? Check out our event listings.