WSMR 89.1 and 103.9 is WUSF Public Media’s Classical music station with over 100,000 listeners on a weekly basis. You can listen to Classical WSMR in Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Sarasota and Manatee Counties — one-third of our audience is from the Tampa Bay Metro Area.
Fun fact: Did you also know that Classical WSMR is the only true broadcast classical station in the state of Florida?
Our audience is well-educated (81% of our listeners have attended college), and amongst those graduates, we are ranked the third largest station after WUSF 89.7 in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
If you are interested in becoming a Business Sponsor on Classical WSMR, your message can align with or be scheduled within several different Classical WSMR programming including: Midday Mozart, Then & Now, Sunday Baroque, Met Opera, From the Top, Evening Masterworks, Florida Matters, SymphonyCast, and more!
WUSF Public Media is dedicated to respecting and maintaining the non-commercial quality of our Classical WSMR programming. We have established guidelines designed to enhance the value of your association with Classical WSMR and create a clutter-free, commercial-free broadcasting environment.
When you decide to support Classical WSMR through underwriting, your message will include:
- your company name
- a brief non-qualitative description of products or services telling listeners or viewers you made this broadcast possible.
This on-air message will be an important element of your communications and marketing plan, demonstrating your support of the Classical WSMR Music Station and favorably impressing your target market. We will be happy to help you develop an announcement that delivers your message and matches our requirements.
Note: All on-air messages follow the station’s pre-amble “Support for programming comes from WUSF members and…”
For-Profit On-Air Announcement Example
Non-Profit On-Air Announcement Example
Why include WUSF Public Media in your marketing plans?
- Public media engages a greater number of the households you want to reach most. Those who enjoy our programming tend to stay with us and return regularly.
- You’ll share in the trustworthy relationship public media enjoys with its listeners and digital audience. Experience the “halo effect” – the favorable way a community perceives companies that support public broadcasters. Partnership with a highly regarded NPR station like WUSF shows your business in a new light.
- The public media audience has the highest income and education demographics of any media outlet. It makes good business sense to reach the valuable public media audience
- Public media offers access to high-quality audiences on the radio and online, including a high proportion of leaders and decision makers. Our audience believes in public media. That regard can translate into customers.
- Personal appreciation for great programming opens doors to grateful clients of business sponsors. People who listen to public media have high regard for companies that sponsor the programming.
- You’ll demonstrate a commitment to your community by ensuring that your neighbors always have access to high-quality radio programming. With your help, WUSF Public Media only gets better.
For Information on Corporate Sponsorship contact Arielle Giordano, Media Sales Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WUSF Media Sales Department
4202 East Fowler Avenue, WRB101
Tampa, FL 33620-6870