Hillsborough's HART Bus System Considering Price Hikes, Route Changes
Hillsborough County's public bus system HART is proposing changes to its services and prices.
HART is holding eight meetings and a public hearing to inform the community of its changes; like modifying some routes, increasing prices, and changing their service schedules on holidays.
HART spokeswoman Marcia Mejia says the meetings aren't just for providing information to the public but also to get the public's feedback.
"We definitely encourage and welcome comments from our customers and stakeholders," said Mejia, "We are going to be gathering that feedback to make sure it's taken to account as far as the final recommendation."
Mejia says HART hasn't made fare changes since 2008. These proposed changes would be effective November 11, 2012.
Here are the dates, times, and location to information meetings:
- June 12: Brandon Regional Service Center 5:30-7:00 PM
- June 14: HART Britton Plaza Transfer Center 6-8 AM and 4-6 PM (Material hand-out only)
- Mount Zion Assembly of God, Plant City 6-7 AM (Material hand-out only) and 5:15-7:30 PM
- June 19: HART West Tampa Transfer Center 6-8 AM and 4-6 PM (Material hand-out only)
- June 20: Regan Park Community Center, Tampa 5:30-7 PM
- Northwest Transfer Center 6-8 AM and 3:30-6 PM (Material hand-out only)
- June 21: SouthShore Regional Library, Ruskin 5:30-7 PM
- July 10: HART Administrative Office Conference Room, Tampa 12-2 PM and 4-6 PM (Public Hearing)
For details on fare and route changes, click here.