Camping is usually a popular recreation over the Easter holiday. But the state’s wildfire emergency could mean a change of plans for some.
All of the campgrounds managed by the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s 16-county region are closed until further notice because of threat of wildfires.
Here’s a list of the shutdown SWFWMD campgrounds:
· Cypress Creek Preserve
· Deep Creek Preserve
· Flying Eagle Preserve
· Green Swamp – East Tract
· Green Swamp – Hampton Tract
· Green Swamp – West Tract
· Lake Panasofkee
· Lower Hillsborough Wilderness Preserve
· Potts Preserve
· Starkey Wilderness Preserve – Serenova Tract
· Upper Hillsborough Preserve – Alston Tract
· Upper Hillsborough Preserve – Upper Hillsborough Tract