USF St. Petersburg is one step closer to finding its next regional chancellor, as the pool of candidates is now down to six.
According to USF St. Pete News, the Search Advisory Committee will interview the remaining candidates in person at Tampa International Airport January 28th & 29th.
The final six, listed alphabetically, are:
- Linda Bradley, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs and Director, University of Central Florida, Daytona Beach Regional System, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Ron Brown, Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost, Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich.
- Bill Hogarth, Ph.D., Interim Regional Chancellor, USF St. Petersburg and director, Florida Institute of Oceanography, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Michael Lane, Ph.D., Professor of Accounting and former President, Emporia State University, Emporia, Kan.
- Ralph Rogers, Ph.D., Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Ind.
- Sophia Wisniewska, Ph.D., Chancellor, Penn State Brandywine, Media, Pa.
After those interviews, three finalists will be named and then undergo a series of interviews and public presentations at USF St. Petersburg in mid-February.
The new regional chancellor will replace Margaret Sullivan, who resigned last August to "pursue new adventures."