Most Active Stories
- What A Second Term Of Rick Scott Or Charlie Crist Will Mean For Florida Education
- FL Prisons Chief: Bad Guards Won’t Drive Future of Corrections
- Hospitals Challenge AHCA over Immigrant Emergency Care
- USF Cancels African Journalists Visit; Ebola Fears Blamed
- 'First Black Governor' Woos Minority Voters
WUSF News Staff
Wed January 9, 2013
SR 60 in Lake Wales May Stay Closed For Hours
State Road 60 in Lake Wales is closed in both directions at Kissimmee Shores after an accident at 6 this morning. Both drivers were killed after their vehicles, a semi and a car, burst into flames on impact.
Around 11 this morning, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said it would take about 3 to 4 hours to clear the wreckage.
The only travel alternate suggested is Walk-in-Water Road.
Judd said the vehicle was headed westbound in an eastbound lane when the semi in the accident was passing another semi and discovered the vehicle its lawful lane and the vehicle crashed head-on with the semi.