Most Active Stories
- Jennifer Carroll Talks About Resigning as Lt. Governor
- Video: Military Dad Surprises Daughter During First Pitch at Rays Game
- New Frank Lloyd Wright House Constructed at Florida Southern
- Reunion Concert Is Retiring Choir Director’s Swan Song
- Video: One Year After Face-Eating Attack, Victim Ronald Poppo Is 'Grateful'
WUSF News Staff
Tue November 20, 2012
Jill Kelley's Sister Takes the Spotlight
What did former CIA director David Petraeus and Gen. John Allen have to do with Tampa Socialite Jill Kelley's twin sister Natalie Khawam?
Well, they both wrote letters supporting Khawam in her unsuccessful custody battle with her ex-husband.
Now Khawam has hired noted celebrity divorce attorney Gloria Allred to appeal that custody ruling.
Allred held a news conference in Washington, D.C. today and explained why Petraeus and his wife both wrote letters in support of Khawam's parenting skills.
It was anonymous emails to her sister Jill Kelley that ended up revealing Petraeus' affair with his biographer. That scandal also brought to light thousands of email's between Kelley and General John Allen, which are still under investigation.