Most Active Stories
- How Tampa Landed the Bollywood Oscars
- WATCH: Behind-the-Scenes of Florida Matters at City Hall in St. Pete
- New VA Center Gives Active Veterans a Climbing Wall, Aquatic Center, Putting Green
- USF St. Pete Club Baseball Lets Students Play for the Love of the Game
- Florida Watches New York Parents Organize Against Common Core Tests
WUSF News Staff
Mon September 9, 2013
Gov. Scott's Tour to Tout Tax Cuts in Tampa
Gov. Rick Scott will visit Tampa Thursday, the third stop in his round-the-state tour touting tax cuts.
A news release from the governor's office says the tour is being held to announce his plans to cut taxes by $500 million for the next fiscal year. No other details are available.
“The governor’s tour will be a chance for Floridians to discuss taxes and fees they want to see reduced to help Florida families and job creators,” the news release from Scott’s office states.
Scott will hold meetings in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Tampa and Orlando. Here's the schedule:
Tuesday, Sep. 10
9:30 a.m. - West Palm Beach
4 p.m. - Fort Lauderdale
Wednesday, Sept. 11
9 a.m. - Jacksonville
Thursday, Sept. 12
8:45 a.m. - Tampa
Friday, Sept. 13
2 p.m. - Orlando