Sometimes when something is as universal, necessary and mundane as eating, it's hard to make "food" sound special. But not for the people on this Florida Matters.
WUSF has been talking to people who communicate their passion about food in particularly interesting ways. Food...as muse.
Our guests include:
- Ileana Morales Valentine, a Tampa Bay Times cookbook reviewer. Check out her gift recommendations for cookbooks and cooking utensils, along with a recipe for peanut blondies with toasted sesame seeds and chocolate chunks.
- Chef Mike Webb, owner of Tupelo Catering, Inc. and chef at Flanagan's Irish Pub in downtown Dunedin.
- Elisa Albo, a poet and an English Professor at Broward College in Ft. Lauderdale. Read a copy of her poem as part of this episode's Florida Matters preview.
- Krayl Funch, author of "An Appealing Plan: A Year of Everyday Celebrations," and a blog of the same name.
- This episode also features an interview from American Public Media's The Splendid Table.