Most Active Stories
- Jennifer Carroll Talks About Resigning as Lt. Governor
- Video: Military Dad Surprises Daughter During First Pitch at Rays Game
- New Frank Lloyd Wright House Constructed at Florida Southern
- Reunion Concert Is Retiring Choir Director’s Swan Song
- Video: One Year After Face-Eating Attack, Victim Ronald Poppo Is 'Grateful'
WUSF News Staff
Thu December 6, 2012
Florida Holidays: Smoked Mullet Is a Must
For my family, the traditional holiday food is smoked mullet.
My father, Bob Trohn, has been catching and smoking mullet at his home on the river in Palmetto for more than a quarter century. When the extended family all congregate there at Christmas-time, there's always enough smoked mullet to eat and to give away to friends.
I followed my father around the dock one weekend, to see how it's done. (A version of the story originally aired on American Public Media's Weekend America).
What unexpected food is a must-have on your holiday table? Send us a story, photo or recipe for our Florida Holidays project.