Most Active Stories
- Florida Matters: Previewing 2015 Legislative Issues (Medical Marijuana, Testing and More)
- House Gambling Bill Includes Casinos, More Slots - Not For Seminoles
- Fl Wildlife Corridor Expedition Braves the Icy Apalachicola
- Meet the 53rd Brigade NCO of the Year
- Lawmakers Mull Over Mental Health-Criminal Justice Link, Includes More Officer Training
WUSF News Staff
Thu December 6, 2012
Florida Holidays: Smoked Mullet Is a Must
For my family, the traditional holiday food is smoked mullet.
My father, Bob Trohn, has been catching and smoking mullet at his home on the river in Palmetto for more than a quarter century. When the extended family all congregate there at Christmas-time, there's always enough smoked mullet to eat and to give away to friends.
I followed my father around the dock one weekend, to see how it's done. (A version of the story originally aired on American Public Media's Weekend America).
What unexpected food is a must-have on your holiday table? Send us a story, photo or recipe for our Florida Holidays project.