HART is going to operate extra bus services for folks between Ybor City and Channelside during the Republican National Convention.
Route 8 (Downtown to Progress Village/ Brandon):
- 4:30 a.m. - noon: detoured to operate along Channelside
- 7:30 a.m. - noon: 15 to 20 minute service between Ybor City/Channelside
- Noon- Last trip: detoured to operate along Nuccio Parkway and Cass Street
- No route or schedule changes for the portion of the route between Brandon and Ybor City
TECO Line Streecar System will also have extra service:
- Stations 9, 10, and 11 will be closed Aug. 24 through Aug. 31, service will resume Sept. 1
- Monday through Thursday operating hours will extend until midnight
- Frequency will be increased according to demand
- Click here for a map of exact locations of open streetcar stations
HART has yet to announce the beginning date for bus detours but it can start as early as the week before the RNC.
For more information visit the HART website.