5 Ways to Help Victims of Hurricane Sandy
If there's anyone who can empathize with victims of Hurricane Sandy, it's Floridians. Here are five ways to make a tax-deductible donation through the American Red Cross:
- Online: Go to redcross.org/charitable-donations and enter a donation amount of at least $10. Select "disaster relief" or "where the need is greatest," both of which should get your money to those affected by Hurricane Sandy, says Janet McGuire, spokeswoman for the Tampa Bay Chapter of American Red Cross.
- By phone: Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767), ext. 4.
- By text: Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
- By mail: Complete this form and send your donation to the address in the top right corner.
- In person: Stop by one the four Red Cross Tampa Bay locations with your credit card, check or cash donation.
If you have a website or blog and you'd like to donate ad space to help the Red Cross solicit donations, use one of these web banners.
If you're considering donating to another charity and you want to be sure it's legit, check out these tips from the Better Business Bureau.