Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Florida Matters: Previewing 2015 Legislative Issues (Medical Marijuana, Testing and More)
- House Gambling Bill Includes Casinos, More Slots - Not For Seminoles
- Fl Wildlife Corridor Expedition Braves the Icy Apalachicola
- Meet the 53rd Brigade NCO of the Year
- Lawmakers Mull Over Mental Health-Criminal Justice Link, Includes More Officer Training
WUSF News Staff
Carol Gentry, founder and special correspondent of Health News Florida, has four decades of experience covering health finance and policy, with an emphasis on consumer education and protection.
After serving two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in Colombia, Gentry worked for a number of newspapers including The Wall Street Journal, St. Petersburg Times (now Tampa Bay Times), theTampa Tribune and Orlando Sentinel. She was a Kaiser Foundation Media Fellow in 1994-95 and earned an MPA at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government in 1996. She directed a journalism fellowship program at CDC for four years.
Gentry created Health News Florida, an independent non-profit health journalism publication, in 2006, and served as editor until September, 2014, when she became a special correspondent. She and Health News Florida joined WUSF in 2012.
Contact Ms. Gentry at at 727-410-3266 or by e-mail.