Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What A Second Term Of Rick Scott Or Charlie Crist Will Mean For Florida Education
- FL Prisons Chief: Bad Guards Won’t Drive Future of Corrections
- Hospitals Challenge AHCA over Immigrant Emergency Care
- 'First Black Governor' Woos Minority Voters
- USF Cancels African Journalists Visit; Ebola Fears Blamed
WUSF News Staff
Bobbie O’Brien has been a Reporter/Producer at WUSF since 1991. She reports on general news topics in Florida and the Tampa Bay region.
Bobbie also produces the blog, Off the Base, and covers military affairs, veterans’ issues and military families. She was named a Rosalyn Carter Fellow in 2010-2011. She supervises WUSF’s news interns and frequently contributes to NPR programs.
Prior to joining WUSF, she worked at WTVT- TV as a researcher/segment producer, at the Tampa Tribune and at WFLA-TV. She attended Kent State University and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications from the University of South Florida in 1980.
Her work has been honored by the Society of Professional Journalists, the Radio and Television News Directors Association, Public Radio News Directors Inc., American Women in Radio & Television, the Florida Associated Press and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.